Friday, September 21, 2007

Encouragement from a Young Friend...

I received this email from a friend of my 34 year old daughter. She gave me permission to put it up on my blog. I wanted to pass it along mostly because of her generousity and also her youth. Breast cancer can still be an concern no matter the age of the woman:

"I wanted you to know I am reading your blogs. Even though you don’t get comments, don’t stop. Most of the time when I come across something relevant I usually don’t comment, even though it was helpful. It may be something about privacy, fear, or just because someone was reading through tears. Your blogs are worth maintaining. I have not had very much time since we are moving so I’m reading a little at a time. It is also a little hard to read in large doses since I can completely identify with the feelings. It is very scary. My best description is feeling claustrophobic in my own body. I really would have crawled out of my own skin had I been able to. Keep up your work. When you get discouraged remember, you matter."

This email was written by a young, 35 year old woman, who is in good health. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, my friend.

No comments: